Friday, September 23, 2011

Personal Farmers Market.

  ~HARVEST TIME~
 
I feel so lucky.  I have a personal, healthy," Farmers Market" in my own backyard. I LOVE my garden...and that I can go out and hand pick a healthy snack anytime.  We planted tomatoes, peppers, a couple different kinds of squash, pumpkins, carrots, beets, and Brayden picked out his own cherry tomato plant...Which he just helps himself to and picks a couple off when were hanging out outside...And I am a beet fan. LOVE beets. There slight sugary sweetness and tenderness about them, they are perfect.  Not only do I have veggies, we have our eggs too! Wow, I should just set up my own stand in front of my house! Ha. It is a great feeling to be able to produce something that is super yummy, healthy and you know where it is coming from.  So~my next attempt is to pickle and can all of these lovely beets. I am sure it will be a learning experience..we shall see how it goes. And, if it goes good {no major catastrophies}, maybe some tomatoes as well..
And I of course I had my super cute helper...my grubworm lovin' the dirt!!
I have the sweetest boys....TOTAL BOYS!!! Gettin' down and dirty, on our "Farm"
Here's to growing a garden!

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Nice work girl! I am very impressed! Love the little one. He is such a handsome guy!

leslie said...

lovely garden. Love your trellis

Sheri said...

I love gardens! I am so glad we have ours also! :) However, eewww to the beets....that is something I don't enjoy. That is why we can plant what we like. I will stick with tomatoes, carrots, and squash.