Sunday, October 23, 2011

Closet Bomb.

That's right...CLOSET BOMB! 
It was so bad I did not even take a before picture (embarrassing)
I finally took on the project of cleaning and organizing my hall closet that I seriously have not touched since I moved. Agh.
I would open that silly door, look at it, sigh and then shut it. It was just too overwhelming, a dumping ground for anything that did not have a place. I love to organize...and clean so I worked myself up and got it done. Phew, one more thing I can check off my list...
And it only took me 2 years! Ha...
Now I love to open it. Everything is in it's place. Magazines, Fabric, Sewing and Craft items...




This white pitcher was my Great Grandmothers. My mom had it lying around her house forever and at one point when my Granny had it, unfortunately fell and broke the top. But my pop-pop did the best he could to glue it back together. A couple weeks ago I went to go throw away something in my mom's garbage and I saw it lying at the bottom. I freaked! After telling my Mom..."Mom, you don't ever throw away pottery that is over 80 years old!!" we both laughed :) and after a good cleaning and love it has now found it's new home in mine.  I love old stuff like this...and I remember seeing it in my Great Grandmas home.  Glad he was rescued. Even if he is a little broken.




3 comments:

ryanjess said...

Of course this is amazing. I just did a major overhaul on my hall closet that had been ignored for the past year...cant say it looks this amazing though. :) Loved seeing you last week friend!

Nesting with Grace said...

Hello! Cute! I am inspired!!! And hello mom! I would have taken it from the trash too! Luv u!

Sheri said...

Your projects are amazing! I recently did an overhaul on my coat closet. Not as cute as your closet but much more organized and clean. :)