Monday, July 23, 2012

Pergola.

Ever since I have been a homeowner I have dreamed...yes, dreamed of having a pergola.  I always have wanted an additional structure with a simple architecture that adds to the yard.  A little oasis for me.  Our home is east/west facing, and our backyard in the summer just bakes! We couldn't  really enjoy having dinner out on the patio without roasting to death. Believe me, we have tried many times. So this little pergola provides just enough shade to keep it cool, yet it still filters the beautiful sunshine through. Every time I look out my kitchen window I cannot help but smile.  Brady and I wanted one last year for our 10 year anniversary but, whoa. It was out of our price range.  We were lucky enough to have a good friend that just started a pergola business on the side, build one for us. We debated back and forth for a while and finally decided to go for it. And I am so happy we did. Happy 11th Anniversary to us! It is something we will enjoy forever, we spend a lot of time outside in the yard, my boys in particular. Now we have a shady place to linger, and I think it is pretty dreamy....



4 comments:

Codi said...

It's lovely Stacy! You're going to have so many nice al fresco dinners in that space! That's pretty much the best anniversary gift I can think of!

curtis+ash said...

It's amazing! I drove by one of these the other night with strings of similar lights and I had to stop and take a picture! In love!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

love.love.love! such happy times outside in the evening under your patio! looks great