Friday, November 14, 2008

My little Man!!


So the mushy, emotional Mommy has come out in me. I know it would only take a matter of time before I displayed my thoughts and emotions for all to see... But I couldn't help myself. The other night Brady and I were putting Brayden to bed. Our usual routine, we read a story, play for a short while, family hugs and good nights, then off to bed. Long story short-I love and look forward to doing these few small simple things every night. Our little guy is tremendously loved and doing this same thing every night brings our family bond closer. I love it.


So when Brayden had fallen asleep, the emotion came... I needed to thank my Father in Heaven for this most precious gift, this perfect little boy I held so dear in my arms. Looking at his angelic face and holding onto his chubby little hand, I felt as if my heart would explode with gratitude. I am grateful for everything that his is and someday will be. He is my ultimate joy, my life, my beautiful son... With tears streaming down my face, and with a full heart. I kissed my baby goodnight and placed him in his crib... I cannot wait to see him grow and learn new things, but for the time being, I will soak up every moment that I can with him...


I will do a little less with the world and more with my little guy... Mommy Loves you Bubba!!

10 comments:

Britany said...

What a sweet post! You are such a good Mama!

I am so jealous that Shan got to see you so much! :)

Steph said...

I love that. I have felt the same way many times! Being a mom is the best thing in the world! You are a good mommy Stacy! Brayden is also lucky to have you!

Sheri said...

Man, Stac. You have me crying now. I have been on somewhat of an emotional ride myself lately. It is so important to recognize those moments we have with our little ones and just really Thank our Heavenly Father for them. Brayden is such a cutie. What a precious post. Thanks for sharing it.

Carolyn said...

What a great post Stacy...We all need to take more time to recognize the small and simple, sweet things about life! Thanks for the reminder!

Tara said...

He is so handsome and what a beautiful mom you are. We had fun meeting him. What a cute little family you have. We need to get together again soon. I ate all of the cookies you baked before I even got home. I had to tell Jon that they were so good I couldn't share.

Love Ya!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Oh, what a cute post! I too have felt that way so many times! I love my kids so much and sometimes I too get so emotional thinking about how much I love them, and about how much joy they bring into my life. I sure couldn't imagine life without them! That is such a cute picture of the two of you by the way!!

Phipps Family said...

So sweet! I love that picture of the two of you and especially his cute cheeks. I just want to kiss him! What a lucky guy he is to have such a wonderful mommy. Everyone told me that once you have a boy it is different in a way than loving a girl. I didn't believe it because I LOVE my girls. But having Parker is just such an amazing bond. Your post totally made me cry.

Adam and Abby said...

What a darling post. There is nothing sweeter than a mothers love. It is so fun to see your cute son and family. Thanks to blogs for keeping us in touch.

Abby Ward Larson

Nesting with Grace said...

oh make me cry...you are such a sweet mommy, I love that little Brayden too! I forgot to tell you my mom asked me who watches Brayden because she swore she saw him at Target on Monday! I told her I am sure she did with your mom, she described your mom. She was mad she didn't say something! LOVE all your Christmas, I can't wait to see it up close and personal :)

WATERLESS FISH said...

O Stacy- something about the blog brings out the void that we all crave to fill and you have found it! Such a joy and inspiration to see what you have to say -always from the heart... good people get good things in return- thus your sweet Brayden ~ENJOY~ D