Wednesday, October 28, 2009

~The Marathon Move~


And the work begins....
We did it! After moving for almost 18 straight hours, blistered feet, rough hands, and with the fabulous help of our family and dear friends (which we cannot thank all of them enough) We can finally call our house our new home. We are over the top thrilled with the way things worked out for us. We love it here, it turned out so wonderful. We are extremely blessed to already make new friends and to be able to add them to the list of our old dear friends. I have literally been going NON STOP for a week now. People tell you that moving is a huge job all the time. But you never really know how much of a job it is until you actually do it. And I thought I was pretty prepared, boxed, wrapped, labeled, and grouped by room. But it was still super crazy. And I am glad it is over. We are still slowly organizing little things and trying to figure out some small things. But, overall, seriously...this is where we are supposed to be, to raise our family and stay for a very long time!! We have already had neighbors come over the first day we arrived. They have to be some of the nicest people we have ever met. So friendly and very welcoming. Already offering to lend a helping hand. One young man even came over twice to ask if he could help. It is just hard to explain the feeling, it is different, a much welcomed different. Another lady that lives behind us, dropped by with a plate of cookies and told me if I needed anything to call her in a "jiffy" :) hahaha! It felt so, so good to have that kind of welcome...

So we continue to settle, unpack and organize. We are so very happy and can see us here forever and looking forward to a very happy future...

13 comments:

Steph said...

It is beautiful!! I cannot wait to see the inside! I am so happy for you guys...even though I am way sad that you are not right by me anymore. We love you guys and are going to miss you...but...we are super excited for your new "life"!!!

curtis+ash said...

Your house looks so beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

cheree said...

Your house looks beautiful!! Can't wait to come and see it! Miss you tons!!

Britany said...

Gorgeous!!! Are you going to post pics of the inside too???

Can't wait until we are there again to come see it!

Unknown said...

Aaaahhhh....I cannot wait to see it in person. It is like double the space that I get to see "Stacied Up" Yay!

Unknown said...

haha.. I am on my little bros laptop and apparently he is logged in...it is Jeff is really Jen :)

Kristin said...

Wow! It looks so gorgeous. Congratulations!

Nesting with Grace said...

weird JEFF...sounds like a girl :)
It IS a great house, and you HAVE and will make it your home.
Happy for you
Having a safe kind community is most important

Sheri said...

Your home is so beautiful! I am so happy that you guys are feeling welcomed and feel like you did the right thing. I know it was probably crazy so it is nice when you have those feelings. I can't wait to come see you sometime. Hope you are doing well! Miss ya!
Love ya-

Mertz family said...

stacy your house is beautiful congrats! so happy for you guys... I am so glad you like it there....

Codi said...

Congratulations!! I think after all of the hard work and stress if you feel so happy and "home" then it's all SO worth it!!

Welcome home!

ryanjess said...

Congrats Stacy...I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait to see pics of the inside..but speaking from experience...I know it takes a bit to be blog ready! So glad I got to see you, even if it was only for a few minutes! Miss you!

Carolyn said...

I would love to live on your street and be your next door neighbor! I am so happy that you are in such a great neighborhood and are in such a beautiful home! Congratulations!