Saturday, April 24, 2010

Peeps...






That's right...our "Peeps". Okay ~ so we are new owners of baby chicks. Brady had been talking about getting chicks for a while but, little naive me thinking it would pass. NOPE, I was cleaning the house when Brady came home really early one afternoon and when he opened the garage door, yes indeed I heard "peep, cheep,cheep, peep" it sounded like an army of chickens...He just looked at me, smiled and said,"What?" response....

There I stood vaccum in hand, jaw dropped.."What do you mean WHAT?" and with that he scooped Brayden up and took him out to see the PEEPS...

that is that...


I do have to admit even though I have not the first CLUE about chickens, and having not really formed an opinion on the entire situation yet...they are kinda cute, and I am looking forward to the fresh eggs. But most of all,watching Brayden, he LOVES his "peeps"


We shall see...Brady is in the works building a coop. And yes, it will be "design savvy" :) So with that my friends we are the farmers of the neighborhood...Fresh eggs anyone??I laugh everytime I look at this picture...Really, Brayden is not squeezing the life out of the chick..and I have to wonder what that little peep is thinkin' (HELP)

Here is the basic design of our coop well, Brady's coop..we are looking for a salvage window to put in the side, and thick cedar shingles...we still have to make some modifications..


Cluck!

3 comments:

Phipps Family said...

Seriously you have the cutest, sweetest little boy.I also love how your husband went and bought the peeps just for his little guy. What a great dad!

Sheri said...

Very fun! I am sure it will take some getting used to but they will be a lot of fun for the boys! :) Hope things are going well.

leslie said...

I'm so jealous of your peeps...I will have to come visit them and your cute coop.