Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fall.

My favorite time of year.  I love everything about it.  We live in the most perfect place to experience this season.  Taking a drive up the canyon and looking at the leaves changing into pops of brilliant oranges, fire reds, and golden yellows is gorgeous.  There couldn't be a more majestic sight.  The days are getting a little shorter and the evenings seem a bit cooler.  Pretty soon we will be feeling that "crispy air" as a sure sign fall is knocking at our door.  For a girl, bundling up in sweaters, layering clothes and slipping into some comfy boots is the best.  
The first part of September always brings me a feeling of anticipation of baking warm goodies, smelling faint wafts of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice filling up my home.  Nesting and preparing my home for a cozy season, getting out some fall decor, picking fresh sunflowers and wildflowers from the yard to fill glass jars, these are all simple pleasures of mine.
Harvesting our home grown veggies, bottling beets and tomatoes.  Lining them up on the shelf so they can be enjoyed during the winter months ahead. Love it.
And just to share....if you could capture the scent of fall in a candle this one gets the award.  Mulled Cider. It's Perfect.
Not too strong, just enough for a faint spice in the background.  And of all places guess where I find this yummy glow? Walmart. Yes, Walmart.  I do not like buying cheap candles. They typically do not smell, or when they do you end up with a headache from smelling it all day.  So, to my surprise this is one of my top scents.  And at only $3.49 for a good size it's a delicious find!  So if you are in the mood for feeling some fall, pick this one up.
How can you not love this season?!
Happy Fall~so glad you are around the corner.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

ah keep talking about it and it will come right?? as i walk outside and just 'glisten' in the sun....ahh i can't wait for fall either. one of my favs of the season is definitely the smell too! mmmmm i love the smell of fall!

Nesting with Grace said...

So cute...I almost text you today...then got busy :) to ask if ur fall is out!!! I want to do mine tomorrow! Luv ya! Ur post made me happy!