Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mr. Phonograph





So I saw this cute little cabinet at one of my favorite shopping stops...EmilyJane. It was an unusual cabinet and was not sure exactly what it was, I knew it looked similar to an antique that my Pop-Pop had refinished that now my mom owns. Come to find out it is a Phonograph cabinet, the first one was built in the late 1800's but these cabinets are from the 1950's. I did find this great picture...this french phonograph is from 1912 one of the first decorative phongraphs, the sound comes out of the horn behind the statue I though it was really interesting. You learn something new everyday :).




So vintage, so darling!!! We love vintage right?!

3 comments:

Nesting with Grace said...

How "interesting"! So answer me these questions...
Did you paint it red?
Is that green one your moms?
Is it in your kitchen?
What do you put in it?
LOVE IT! LOVE YOU GIRL!
GET BACK TO ME!

Steph said...

I love the table! Great info to go with it also!!! So our air is now fixed..thank goodness, but the boys and I are going to stop by to see you this week! Haven't talked to you for ages!!! See you soon!

Carolyn said...

Stace, You are so creative! I love to see all of the new things that you are comming up with! You are so cute! I love ya!