Saturday, September 20, 2008

Towel: Making bathtime easy


So this has to be one of my favorite items when it comes to bath time. My wonderful Mom gave me one of these at my baby shower and it is more than handy!! Not to mention I have used that one a million times and it is looking pretty worn out. So~ I have followed in my Mothers footsteps and made a couple new ones.... They are so easy, and one of the greatest things you will ever use... I promise.... :) Here is how to make one....
All you need is.....
1 bath towel
1 hand towel

Sewing Machine
Start by laying out your bathtowel.......
Place your hand towel at the top, in the center
Sew your handtowel and your bath towel together at the top.



Then, fold bath towel over so that ends match up


Finally, sew along the top of the hand towel,
And there you have it!
Didn't I say that was easy???!!
The handtowel acts as a "hood" for your little one's head, and the bath towel is big enough to wrap them up in it and keep them cozy and warm while you dry!!

There are so many cute patterned towels to choose from and it is always fun to mix and match colors!!

Happy Bath Time :)











8 comments:

Britany said...

Love the old school bike!

And Brayden's BFF is just too cute! I totally believe in arranged marriages :).

Also, we have some of those towels and they are the best, but I certainly didn't make them. You are too talented!!

Did you book a flight to Phoenix yet?!!!!

Steph said...

Love those towels! I have a couple that I got when Noah was born..poor cameron gets the handmedowns!!! I need to make him one of his own. I saw Brady and Brayden on a little bike ride the other night...love the bike! I actually wish I had one!

ryanjess said...

Thanks for the fun tip....what a great idea! We have a few of these from PB Kids...but I am loving that I can make them myself now!

cheree said...

I love these towels! I have a few for Addy also. Brayden and Addy are to cute:) We need to get them together again.

Shantel Palmer said...

Funny - you're assuming I actually own a sewing machine, let alone knowing how to operate one!

Carolyn said...

Now I want to make one for Taylor! Thanks for the idea...So cute!

Sheri said...

I love those towels. My kids all have one and they love them. They are nice to have. I actually need to make some more some so thanks for the reminder. Cute stuff.

WATERLESS FISH said...

stacy, stacy, stacy... i was chillin' on a saturday doin' alittle bloggin' i love your blog! i'm trying to figure out what you did before it was created! girls just need that fluffin' outlet... you are such a "darling" mom- brayden is one lucky boy! its better than readin' your favorite mag... sailin' away d