Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just My Style....



This sideboard will always be a favorite of mine. It is so functional and I love the handpainted worn look. Not only can I serve off of this piece but, I have so much storage space as well. I can keep all of my linens and large serving pieces in one convenient place. Handpainted pieces add interest and are so simple to work into any room or style.

So much of decorating is about finding and loving the unexpected. Varied painted furniture creates a fun and eclectic style. Blending all of the mixed painted pieces together can give you such a unique look. I love old, vintage worn furniture. These sort of pieces tend to have so much character about them.

This sideboard is a new piece but the worn distressing and glazing over it makes it look like it's been around for a while. The piece is a good size and scale for my kitchen/dining area. It fills up most of the wall creating a large focal point. Also~ the fact that it sits taller then my dining table draws your eye up, and by adding a different height this helps with visual interest. You want to be mindful of the different heights your furniture pieces may have. You don't want all your pieces to be all at one level resulting in the room looking boring and flat. Mixing varied heights is crucial to a well visual pleasing room.

Remember it's the small simple details that can make all the difference in your space. It is those details that give a room soul...

7 comments:

Sheri said...

I can't believe how talented you are! You are amazing....I truly admire your abilities and your eye for beauty! Simply stunning!

Heather said...

i second everything sheri said... i wish i born with talent by the way i would still like to hang out one day maybe visit a few consinment shops for fun i could use a friend to hang with

Tara said...

Stac..you are never coming to my house. We will have to find other meeting places. We are way underfurnished over here. I need to hire you. You are so talented. It is amazing. XOXO

..{{bliss in the city}}.. said...

Love it Stace..as always!
The new piece turned out BEAUTIFUL and, of course,...LOVE the accessories too!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Stacy, you are so talented, everytime I get on your blog and see your home decor, it makes me jealous that my home doesn't look as fantastic as yours! Love it!!

Shantel Palmer said...

I think you should write a design book or start a website... seriously :)

Steph said...

I love that!! I really love your style..and your great finds!! You are awesome!