Thursday, March 5, 2009

Picture Window



This is my latest project...I had collaborated some fun old pictures of my Granny that she had tucked away in a drawer. I love all of these pictures, they really tell the personality of my Gran. Most of them are of her laughing, dancing, and having such a great time with my Pop-pop. They were the life of every party! Always dressed to the "nines" and ready to have a great time. I also found some pictures of my great-great grandparents holding my great grandma when she was just a baby. I had a fun time going through all of these pictures, family history is so important knowing where your family came from and keeping those memories and family traditions alive. I wanted to be able to display ALL the pictures and make a big statement, so instead of individually framing every picture I attached the pictures to an old window.

I also wanted consistency in the photos. When grouping lots of pictures together make sure you have a common thread tying them all together. For example; all photos could be black and white, or sepia. Or, when it comes to framing, keep your frames down to 1 or 2 colors. I wanted my favorite pictures to be seen. So I added a pop of color to a couple of the pictures, creating something unexpected in the grouping. I also put them close together so all the pictures would flow.

This project was a lot of fun but, I still have to put a couple finishing touches on it. Of course it needs a tassel hanging from the hardware :) (my Gran had one I found and it will be perfect) Still working on it But~ I couldn't wait to post...



6 comments:

..{{bliss in the city}}.. said...

Darling with a capital D!!!
What a fun idea! I'm glad you were able to find the window you were hunting for! :) It turned out PERFECT and what a UNIQUE way to display lots of photos! Love it!
P.S. Your 'Spring' looks adorable :) Have a wonderful Birthday and I will see you Monday--Party Time!!

Steph said...

I love that! What a fun thing to do to have your Granny always with you! So its your birthday soon??(shows what a good friend I am that I don't even know!) I hope you have a fun day!! See you soon.

Ali said...

You are VERY talented! It was so nice to see you again yesterday!

Shantel Palmer said...

Great project - can't wait to see it!

Stef said...

I have been thinking about your gran so much! I love what you have done, so crafty just like her. The pictures are so fun to see of her from back then. This is precious girl, it brought tears to my eyes. I know she's looking down smiling, laughing and probably thinking...."that was a horrible picture of me" -if you get what I mean ;)

Sheri said...

Love, love, love it! What a great thing to remember your gran by. I love the photos! I need to come up with something like that for my Mom. I have some fun pics of my Grandma and that is a great idea.
Hope you had a great birthday!