Tuesday, July 26, 2011

10 Years.



7.27.

Friendship.Learning.Travel.Dreams.Love.Hardwork.Laughter.Tears.Memories.Good.Support.2Homes.2Dogs.2Beautiful Boys.10Years of marriage.I cannot believe it. Gone by so quickly. I am so happy and blessed to be able to spend my life with my best friend. We have had so many wonderful memories and experiences together. Marriage is definitely a learning experience. You grow, and get to know your spouse everyday. You have to work everyday at it. Some days harder then others but in the end it is all worth it. I have an incredible husband. Through these 10 years I have learned he is the hardest, most determined man I know. So supportive, loving and has been the most wonderful father I could have ever hoped for to our children. Just grateful for my guy.I was going through my old scrapbooks, Brady and I talking about everything and everywhere we have been. Back in the day we didn't have digital camera's so I had to take pic's of my pic's. Ha. It it crazy to look back at 10 years. Virginia Beach, D.C., Western, Eastern and Southern Caribbean. Toronto Canada.Vegas. Monterey Bay. Jackson Hole.Cali. New York. Hopefully....Europe will be added to the list one day. Before we headed out for a romantic evening Brady surprised me with an Ipad. I am so excited to use it. And BLOG baby!! This will be so handy for me.




I gave Brady a couple of coats, this was one. Patagonia one of his fav's. It looks really great on him and I was loving the houndstooth/menswear look.We then went to my FAVORITE FAVORITE restaurant ever....Metropolitan!

In my opinion one of the BEST places to eat in Utah. Period.
I asked about the history of the building, the architecture of the building is incredible. It used to be a car/autobody shop. It has a domed ceiling and the windows are huge, from the 1950's. All original. Amazing.
Are you ready to see what we ate?! Works of art.

Creamed Heart of Palm Soup with fresh chives Truffle potatoes.red wine reduction.tender mushrooms, potato cylinderOrganic wild greens.local honey.drizzled in light guava dressing. sweet berries.Cheese tortellini. Tender flaky crab. Sweet basil sauce. Fresh peas topped with arugula.


Um, Hi...I am a fresh apricot with a tangy passion fruit sorbet. Please enjoy me.
Brady's T-bone steak, as big as his head.Seriously.Grilled on Mesquite Wood. Smelled Wonderful.

Along side were 3 amazing dippers. Reduced Mushroom gravy. Sweet Carrot sauce. Beet horseradish whip.My delicious meal. Crispy green beans bundled. Beef Wagu.Yukon gold potato with creme frachie.Eeekkkk.....so excited to taste!Our amazing chef. Justin. He is unreal. Everything you saw, cooked by him. I would eat cardboard if it was prepared by him.Sparkly. 10 years. Finished off with Apple Purse A la Mode.

Vanilla sherbet. Caramel sauce. Sea Salt. Minced apples and baby grapes. Served in a warm flaky crust. Viola....Are you full?!!What an amazing night. Who would have thought, this would be us 10 years down the road. It has been a wonderful adventure. Can't wait for 10 more. I love you Brady!

4 comments:

ryanjess said...

Oh Stacy..your blog made me emotional! We celebrate 7 years on the 31st and I know just how you feel. Who would have thought this would be life! So happy to see you SO HAPPY and still so in love all these years later! Congrats to the both of you!

Steph said...

So cute! Happy 10 years! And I will just say YUM! All that food looked so good! I will have to make Ben take me there one of these days! I love your posts...and your boys are so stinkin cute...can't believe how big Brayden is. Miss your face girl!

Ali said...

Happy anniversary!

Sheri said...

Happy 10th Anniversary!! You guys are such a great couple!! Looks like you guys had a fabulous Anniversary!