Wednesday, July 6, 2011

All Cooped Up.

So apparently you have to be on the top of your game all the time around my animal sanctuary. Today I was all cooped up. LITERALLY! Yes, let me explain...Being the nice chicken mom I am I decided to go out and give the silly birds a special treat. And also being the sucker softie I am, I had to put the food where there was a cool shady spot so that they could all eat in not such extreme heat. So I go into the now extended chicken coop(Brady built a large cage/wire around the actual coop so they could come out but still be confined to peck a certain area) blahhh, anyway. Stepped in the coop to put the stinkin' food in the shady spot toward the back of the coop when I hear, "SLAM......CLICK" the door shut me in and I turn around like..."whoops" thinking I can get back out in a breeze...Ahhhh...no, not so easy. I couldn't even believe I had done such a stupid thing! Here I am in a flippin' chicken coop with all these crazy pecking, scratchy, dirt flinging , squawky chickens. Thinking, this is the stupidest thing I've done. Everyone in the neighborhood is going to think I am a complete MORAN!! Or they may think Brady locked me out there on bad behavior. Either way this is mortifying. I look around for a stick, or something small I can flip the latch with...Nothing. My chubby fingers are not even close to fitting. So I try pushing the sucker thinking it will maybe move enough I could reach my arm out and around. Nothing.


Then I thought...crap, Greyson will wake up any minute now, and Brayden is inside chowing down on watermelon I just gave him. I'm thinking, whatta sight, how dumb could I look right now, I can't even stand up straight in this stupid thing. For 10 minutes it was just me, the coop, and the chicks. Groovy. Then at that point I started to yell for Brayden, no little hero to my rescue. I thought, K...Brady should be home any minute now. Still worried and thinking about Greyson, I punched the top of the chicken wire off hard, so I could reach around and just lift the latch. I think I said," you gotta be friggin' KIDDING ME" about 10 times.....to myself. Man, I REALLY hope no one saw the crazy chicken neighbor lady!! Talking to herself and punching out the chicken wire :) hahahaha..... So I walk inside my house and guess who I see, my hubby chowing down watermelon with Brayden....Whatta team! :) Nevermind Mom stuck in the flipping chicken house...90 degree heat and all :) Afterward, it was pretty funny.

Lesson Learned, don't get all cooped up!

4 comments:

Nesting with Grace said...

I am dieing!!! I want to call u right now and laugh!! That is so funny :) best part u cant stand up in it!

Sheri said...

Man, funny thing about this is my parent's neighbors were building a chicken coop and my kids were playing in it before it got it all put together and they were saying how are we going to get out of here? We were saying they would have to live with the chickens. Glad you were finally able to get out. Funny to think about now that you are out! :)

ryanjess said...

Oh Stacy..I can see it now! I was seriously cracking up...thanks for a good laugh! Missing you!

cheree said...

I have to say that is pretty HILARIOUS!! That would suck so bad! I am sorry, good that you can laugh about it now!