Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fluff.

Lately I have been feeling the itch. To FLUFF! And switched up the bedroom yet again. What I originally had there before the switch will be going back up in the next few months anyway.

I have always been partial to dark, rich, indulgent colors and still am. It's what I love the most. But have decided I needed a change. It all started when I was cleaning out a closet and came across some darling sheets that I got for a steal a really long time ago and never opened them. I should have got a close up but they are bright white that have a darling eyelet detail on the top. So I thought to myself, ok. I should do white and creams together. Fresh, crisp, clean. Painted some frames, brought up an old window I had sitting in the basement and gave my door
(which is one of my most treasured items) a coat of cream paint to brighten it up a bit. I am sure it will be many more colors :) Truth be known it has already been 3. I did find some white drape panels that filter just enough light through and puddle perfectly on the floor to help frame in the end windows. Call me crazy, I know I am. I just cannot help myself. I have a sickness. I love to change, re-arrange, and well...design.To leave a space better then when it was found.

But I will be returning to the dark/indulgent side soon.....

My cozy reading corner. Well, in reality, it is a jumping platform for a 4 year old boy that loves to pretend he is s superhero flying off a building...Who am I kidding?! Lucky if I get 2 pages read.
But, it does feel good when I walk in. Serene... like a breath of fresh air. Ahh.

{*}

{*Project on deck*}

{Painting the Master Bath}

I have been waiting and waiting and waiting to do this!!!

3 comments:

Nesting with Grace said...

U in the mood to fluff you say....i know a store that needs fluffin on fridays :) I would never send u away!!! Looks sooo cozy and cute!

Sheri said...

This looks so nice and cozy! You do wonderful work with your spaces in your house. I love it!

curtis+ash said...

Looks so pretty and luxurious!