Saturday, November 19, 2011

Queue the Holiday Tunes....

It's the most Wonderful Time of the Year....
This is something I look forward to every year. Decking the Halls.
Love it.
Christmas Tunes a blarin'...Jingle bell rockin'
I reeeeeeally want a new tree. A flocked tree. Looked at them last year but never bought.
So this year, I attemped to flock my own. It turned out alright but not without a fight.
First of all, I bought the snow in a can...it did an alright job but I wanted it a tiny bit thicker in a few spots. So I whipped up some "flock". Yes, there is a recipe for flock.
While I was grating the bar of soap, I grated my thumb along with it. Ouch!
And then...(yes there is more) I was mixing together all the ingredients with my hand mixer..Hands still soapy and slippery, I started putting in the beaters and I accidentally turned on the mixer...fingers intertwined in the beaters...motor ferociously torquing..beating my fingers in between them. I tried to pull the plug out but my hands were too slippery. Brady was close by and I screamed for help. We got it unplugged. Yaaaaooooowwwwzzzaaaa!!!
It HURT. BAD. Like the kind of bad when you can't talk for a minute. Brady didn't even really know what happened...He kept saying,"Are they broken? What happened?"
I looked at my fingers, purple, and deep indentations from the beaters.
Dandy.
Needless to say I have a flocked tree...looks alright but cost me some pain right?! :)
I also made linen stockings, doilie garland and some ornaments...All accident free.
Now I get to enjoy.




 




 Brayden's little tree. He is super excited to have his own this year. `And loves plugging it in at night.

I think that this is my most prized Christmas Accessory. I LOVE my nativity.
I get so excited to put it out. In fact, it is ALWAYS the first thing I put out.
Everytime I look at it I think of Mary and her struggle to bring our Savior into this world...
A few years ago I taught a Young Women Christmas lesson.
I was deeply touched by the spirit I felt and I will never forget it. I felt so close to her.
Maybe it was because I had a son of my own. And I had some sort of glimpse of what it was like to carry and bring a child into this world. I cannot even imagine her trial.
Relying just on her faith, knowing the child she was carrying was to be the Savior of the World.
Being the chosen mother to raise Jesus Christ. Traveling under tremendous strain. Being turned away at the Inn, not knowing where she could go to bring her new precious son into this world.
Giving birth in a Manger.
What an incredible, strong, faithful, loving and perfect mother.
I get so emotional whenever I think of her. And what a miracle the birth of Christ was.
It is one if not the most important story we know.
I am grateful for her and her sacrifice.


Merry Christmas to All.

5 comments:

curtis+ash said...

So pretty Stacy! I love the neutrals!

Codi said...

Oooh! This is what I've been waiting for. But can we come out for a quick visit so I can see it all in person...and drool?!

I'm serious...

I'll have Blake call Brady soon! :)

Nesting with Grace said...

Love it!! U r so funny...u would stop at nothing to.have a flocked tree! :) die hard dyi! And I got some fresh garland and ended up using all 6 at.pam carrs ....now I need some!

..{{bliss in the city}}.. said...

Stace, it is beautiful! I love the doilies!
I miss you soooo much. So glad I got to see you last week!

Sheri said...

I am always in awe of your amazing talent. I love all of your work with your Christmas decorations. Love it!