Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ready.Set.PAINT!

I finally finished up a couple of painting projects around the house. The kitchen was really bothering me...it just looked washed out. I had always intended on painting but never got around to it. Now, it's FINALLY done.
Yes, still drawn to the dark colors. Yes, still love them.
I also hung my lantern above the island.  I love this "little" accessory. I was lucky enough to get it at The Black Goose. The best furniture and accessories in Utah!:)
Done.Check.
Now onto the Master Bath.  I painted the main bath a while ago, but the little "potty room" was driving me insane! It is the first thing you see as you walk in so I wanted something eye catching. At first I thought a fun mustard color, and I really wanted to do a trellis pattern on the wall, but come on....I was scared to even attempt it. And if I did, it probably would turn out to be the biggest nightmare...
No worries though, I still want to do this pattern in my bedroom. Eeeekkk, we shall see.
So...I ended up striping it. Yep, hopped on the striped train.
Finished it up with a grouping of some frames that I painted cream.
I also found this cute little matchstick front door. It was so charming and detailed, had to have that! Painted it :) and gave it a little glazing.
Done.Check.


Now.......onto my next project! Hmmm, what will it be?

3 comments:

Ashley B. said...

Both the kitchen and the bathroom look beautiful. Love the horizontal stripes!

Nesting with Grace said...

What your kitchen color? I am wanting to do my bedroom walls dark! I need to channel u :) and thanks for the wishes on ellas dance..she did so good.

..{{bliss in the city}}.. said...

I love the dark kitchen walls! And the stripes! ...And the adorable door! Aaahhhhh, your house is beautiful. Miss you girl!